Again Ken, you’ve presented excellent quality. You have the gift to keep everyone engaged.
Critical Care Nursing – 4 Day Intensive
About this Course
This well renowned Critical Care program is usually conducted over 10 weeks and following many requests, this 4 day intensive allows those unable to attend an evening course to access the same program over 4 full days.
This course will present concepts from fundamental to advanced levels relating to Critical Care Nursing. The course has been designed to provide current knowledge & strategies that can be applied in any Critical Care setting.
Each of the speakers are leaders in their chosen fields and have been selected for their knowledge, teaching ability, commitment to lifelong learning and professional development.
The course will interrelate physiology, pathophysiology, nursing & medical assessment & interventions. Topics will include Cardiovascular Pathophysiology, Respiratory Physiology, Monitoring Techniques, Assessment & Management of the Difficult Airway, Acute Renal Failure, Neurological Disorders, Resuscitation, & Diabetic Emergencies.
These topics will be presented in a manner that allows continuity throughout the 4 days, & will promote development of a problem solving approach to patient care.
With Critical Care Education Services you can book early with confidence. We have never cancelled a course, and many of our programs sell out regularly. Register now to secure your place.
Nurses completing this program earn 30 CPD hours.
- Melbourne: 3 to 6 September 2019
- Brisbane: 14 to 17 November 2019
COURSE FEE: $895 for the Intensive 4 day Critical Care Nursing Course.
Payment plans are available. Please contact us for more information.
Alternatively, if you can't attend all 4 days, you can elect to attend a portion of the course.
1 day $365
2 days $545
3 days $725
Please note that a $100 cancellation fee applies. No refund will be given if cancellation occurs within one week of the course.
**A 10% group discount is available when registering 4 or more participants
in a single transaction
Brisbane: Hotel Grand Chancellor.
Melbourne: St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne: Aikenhead Wing, Lecture Theatre.
- Fundamental Cardiac Physiology, Cardiac Muscle Physiology, Innervation of the Myocardium, Adrenergic Receptors, Regulation of Cardiac Output & Blood Pressure.
- Respiratory Physiology, The Control of Ventilation, Dynamics of Spontaneous Breathing, Gas Transport, Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation.
- Neurological Disorders 1: Neurological Assessment.
- Neurological Disorders 2: Care of the Patient with Raised Intracranial Pressure, Brain Death.
- Cardiovascular Pathophysiology, Assessment & Management of the Patient with Chest Pain, Shock States - Assessment & Management.
- Monitoring Techniques: Haemodynamic Monitoring, Arterial Lines, Central Lines, Pulmonary Artery Catheters, Pulse Oximetry -SpO2, Capnography - EtCO2.
- Respiratory: Lung Sounds, Chest X-ray Interpretation, Indications & Goals for Mechanical Ventilation, Ventilator Modes, Care of the Mechanically Ventilated Patient.
- Renal: Physiology, Acute Renal Failure - Assessment, Complications & Management.
- Endocrine & Metabolic 1: Hepatic Failure.
- Assessment & Management of the Difficult Airway - The Latest Guidelines & Algorithms. High Flow Nasal Oxygen Therapy.
- Resuscitation - Management of Cardiac Arrest. The latest ILCOR and ANZCOR guidelines.
- Endocrine & Metabolic 2: Diabetic Emergencies. Hypoglycemia, DKA, & HHS.
For More Information
For more information regarding this course and any dates upon which it is scheduled please download the course brochure. To enquire about hosting this course at your organisation, please submit our online enquiry form.
View Current Course List