Always a pleasure to spend a day clearing the cobwebs and re-igniting the dedication!
Critical Care Nursing – 4 Day Intensive
About this Course
This well renowned Critical Care program is usually conducted over 10 weeks and following many requests, this inaugural 4 day intensive allows those unable to attend an evening course to access the same program over 4 full days.
This course will present concepts from fundamental to advanced levels relating to Critical Care Nursing. The course has been designed to provide current knowledge & strategies that can be applied in any Critical Care setting.
Each of the speakers are leaders in their chosen fields and have been selected for their knowledge, teaching ability, commitment to lifelong learning and professional development.
The course will interrelate physiology, pathophysiology, nursing & medical assessment & interventions. Topics will include Cardiovascular Pathophysiology, Respiratory Physiology, Monitoring Techniques, Respiratory Disorders, Acute Renal Failure, Neurological Disorders, Resuscitation, & Diabetic Emergencies.
These topics will be presented in a manner that allows continuity throughout the 4 days, & will promote development of a problem solving approach to patient care.
With Critical Care Education Services you can book early with confidence. We have never cancelled a course, and many of our programs sell out regularly. Register now to secure your place.Nurses completing this program earn 30 CPD hours.
- Melbourne: Tuesday 17th to Friday 20th October 2017
COURSE FEE: $850 for the Intensive 4 day Critical Care Nursing Course.
Deposits of $525 will be accepted with the balance payable before the course commences.
Alternatively, if you can't attend all 4 days, you can elect to attend a portion of the course.
1 day $355
2 days $525
3 days $695
Please note that a $100 cancellation fee applies. No refund will be given if cancellation occurs within one week of the course.
Melbourne: Mary Aikenhead Conference Centre,
St. Vincent’s Hospital.
- Fundamental Cardiac Physiology, Cardiac Muscle Physiology, Innervation of the Myocardium, Adrenergic Receptors, Regulation of Cardiac Output & Blood Pressure.
- Respiratory Physiology, The Control of Ventilation, Dynamics of Spontaneous Breathing, Gas Transport, Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation.
- Neurological Disorders 1: Neurological Assessment.
- Neurological Disorders 2: Care of the Patient with Raised Intracranial Pressure, Brain Death.
- Cardiovascular Pathophysiology, Assessment & Management of the Patient with Chest Pain, Shock States - Assessment & Management.
- Renal: Physiology, Acute Renal Failure - Assessment, Complications & Management.
- Respiratory: Lung Sounds, Chest X-ray Interpretation, Indications & Goals for Mechanical Ventilation, Ventilator Modes, Care of the Mechanically Ventilated Patient.
- Monitoring Techniques: Haemodynamic Monitoring, Arterial Lines, Central Lines, Pulmonary Artery Catheters, Pulse Oximetry -SpO2, Capnography - EtCO2.
- Endocrine & Metabolic 1: Hepatic Failure.
- Respiratory Disorders: Assessment & Management of the Patient with Asthma, Intercostal Catheters & Underwater Sealed Drainage.
- Resuscitation - Management of Cardiac Arrest. The latest ILCOR and ANZCOR guidelines.
- Endocrine & Metabolic 2: Diabetic Emergencies. Hypoglycemia, DKA, & HHS.
For More Information
For more information regarding this course and any dates upon which it is scheduled, or to enquire about hosting this course at your organisation, please submit our online enquiry form.